A huge thank you to Sadie and Natascha!! I was genuinely surprised, honoured and touched by your nominations. I wrote recently that I wasn’t even sure if anyone would read my blog, and for both of you to take the time to nominate me is truly humbling.
Please do go visit the wonderful Sadie at Sadie’s Nest. Her blog is full of delicious recipes from delectable desserts to hunger busting lasagnes complete with gorgeous photos!! How she does it all with 4 kids is inspiring! Thank you Sadie for all your support! My kindred cook 🙂
Please also visit Natascha at Natascha’s Palace. Natascha originally hails from Canada but is now living it up in Spain!! Am I jealous? Most definitely!!! So many delicious recipes amongst which I spied an ingenious Watermelon Balsamic Pizza!! I can’t wait for Summer to try it out! Thank you Natascha for even noticing my little blog! 🙂
– Link the blogger who nominated you.
– List seven random things about yourself.
– Nominate seven creative, beautiful bloggers.
– Notify the people that you nominate.
7 Random Things About Me
- I’m petrified of frogs!!! If I see frog pictures in a book or magazine, I try to find the spot furthest away from the frog(s) before quickly flipping that page over! My 6 year old thinks it’s hilarious to taunt me with pictures of frogs!
- I love watching and reading anything renovation related and this could easily have been a renovation blog if not for the lack of time and money! 😉
- I love to read…..but again the lack of time means my books read count for the year is dismal.
- I only recently figured out the whole deal with hashtags. #yeshashtagsareathing
- I’ve been married 11 years but my driver’s licence still has my maiden name! I do love my husband! I blame lack of time again.
- I buy a lot of cookbooks, but bizarrely still scour the internet for recipes instead of leafing through my hefty collection of cookbooks.
- I’m hopelessly archaic when it comes to technology. It’s a miracle I’ve managed to get this far managing a blog! My first post took a week to write and that first post was accidentally deleted…..#donotgiveup (yes, I’m completely fluent in hash tagging now!).
My nominees for the award are:
- Dine in my kitchen – Satabdi nominated me for my very first award for which I’m so grateful.
- Kate’s Kakes – Kate was one of my first supporters when I started blogging one and a half months ago. Thank you Kate. 🙂
- Juju’s Secret Ingredient – Julie makes the most amazing array of French macarons!
- Everyday Cooking with Mira – Mira is a Mauritian living in Ireland. She’s a fellow chilli lover 🙂
- Committing Carbocide – With a name like that, you just know it’s going to be good! 🙂
- Simple and Healthy Foods – Fresh healthy recipes alongside beautiful pictures.
- The Cat’s Whisk – Clementine is a cat and she bakes!
Thank you all again for taking the time to read my posts and all your encouraging comments!!
A special thank you also to my very dear friend Lydia who has read every word and so enthusiastically tried out many of the recipes here. 🙂 #youarenowabaker